Minnesota Farmers Union is thrilled to share our new book with the world. Released June 15, 2021 from the Minnesota Cooks™ team, The Farmer and the Chef: Farm Fresh Minnesota Recipes and Stories is a collection of farmer-forward writings and chef-driven recipes. Featuring farm-restaurant partnerships from our rich history of the Minnesota Cooks program since its inception in 2003, this book strives to give readers an inside look into the life of farming in the Land of 10,000 Lakes. Check out the full news release here.
We are deeply grateful for the positive reception The Farmer and the Chef has received. You can check out some kind words from writers and reviewers in the following articles:
- Minnesota Cooks cookbook highlights local ingredients, farmers and chefs – Rick Nelson, Star Tribune
- Books We Love: The Farmer and the Chef – Cowgirl Magazine
- The Farmer and the Chef celebrates Southeast Minnesota farmers, restaurants, and recipes – Matthew Stolle, Post Bulletin
- Cookbook’s focus is on the food and the farmers – Kristin Kveno, The Land Online
- Read, cook, bake, enjoy! – Paula Mohr, Farm Progress
The Farmer and the Chef: Farm Fresh Minnesota Recipes and Stories was published by Globe Pequot Press. It is currently available for sale in independent bookstores, online or wherever books are sold.